...is a self-published and freelance writer, residing and working in Stone Mountain, Georgia. Q'ayyim has been writing shorts since the age of 6 years old and has never stopped. His medium(s) of choice are comics, shorts/features, and novels/novellas. He is an imaginist: he creates vivid worlds, intriguing characters, and compelling narratives. He draws his inspiration from social issues and conversations such as police brutality, feminism, and the LGBT community. Q'ayyim writes for all ages and creates to inspire others to enjoy life.
- Q'ayyim is planning to create another comic book soon entitled, Blossoming. He will be collaborating with the awesome, James E. Clark again on this project. A campaign was made to help raise money for this project.
- DJ Cleotrvppv will be the first to be featured in the Beauty photo series. Her feature will be released in mid-Sep.
- Q'ayyim's next goal is to start his debut photo series, Beauty. He is planning to start the series this Sep. - Feb.
- Q'ayyim has officially finished writing the first season for his miniseries, Last Semester Show (*L.S.S).
- Q'ayyim hosted a photoshoot on May 16th for his latest comic book, Scissors. He released the photo collection, on June 5!
- Q'ayyim is planning to work on a new comic book entitled, Imagream Field. The project will be a collaboration between himself and the extraordinary illustrator, Haley Albanese. A campaign was made to help raise money for this project.
- Production on Scissors is officially over. The project was a collaboration between Q'ayyim and the wonderful, James E. Clark. An original soundtrack is being made for the comic book and will be featuring the soulful-unique artist, Anthony Jamal.
- Q'ayyim and illustrator, Joey Yu's collaborative project and comic book, Goldfish Man, Love was featured on Sukeban. (Wednesday, January 25, 2017)
- Q'ayyim's comic, Goldfish Man, Love was featured in Typical Girls Magazine Vol. 3. Thanks, Joey Yu and Typical Girls Magazine. (Summer, May)
- Q'ayyim will have his first pop-up shop at the Art Of Metanoia on Sunday, June 4th. It's really a dream come true as he followed their movement while in college and now he's apart of the new wave of talented artists in Atlanta. (Summer, June)
- Q'ayyim's Scissors photo collection was featured on Grunge'N'Art and Fuzz Magazine. (Summer, June)
- Q'ayyim's DJ Cleotrvppv photo collection was featured on Fuzz Magazine. (Fall, September)
- Q'ayyim and James's collaborative project and comic book, Scissors, was nominated for Broken Pencil's first ever Broken Pencil Zine Awards; categories Best Art/comic Zine & Best Zine of 2017. The ceremony was held at Canzine Toronto, 2017 on Oct. 21st.(Fall, September-October)
© Copyright 2017-2018 Qayyim Mckoy. All Rights Reserved.