...is a self-published and freelance writer, residing and working in Stone Mountain, Georgia. Q'ayyim has been writing shorts since the age of 6 years old and has never stopped. His medium(s) of choice are comics, shorts/features, and novels/novellas. He is an imaginist: he creates vivid worlds, intriguing characters, and compelling narratives. He draws his inspiration from social issues and conversations such as police brutality, feminism, and the LGBT community. Q'ayyim writes for all ages and creates to inspire others to enjoy life.
- Q'ayyim has officially finished writing the first season for his miniseries, Last Semester Show (*L.S.S).
- Q'ayyim hosted a photoshoot on May 16th for his latest comic book, Scissors. He released the photo collection, on June 5!
- Q'ayyim will be working on a new comic book entitled, Imagream Field. The project will be a collaboration between himself and the extraordinary illustrator, Haley Albanese. A campaign was made to help raise money and the project will start production during this summer.
- Production on Scissors is officially over. The project was a collaboration between Q'ayyim and the wonderful, James E. Clark. An original soundtrack is being made for the comic book and will be featuring the soulful-unique artist, Vrgo.
- Q'ayyim and illustrator, Joey Yu's collaborative project and comic book, Goldfish Man, Love was featured on Sukeban. (*Wednesday, January 25, 2017)
- Q'ayyim's comic, Goldfish Man, Love was featured in Typical Girls Magazine Vol. 3. Thanks, Joey Yu and Typical Girls Magazine.
- Q'ayyim will have his first pop-up shop at the Art Of Metanoia on Sunday, June 4th. It's really a dream come true as he followed their movement while in college and now he's apart of the new wave of talented artists in Atlanta.
© Copyright 2017 Qayyim Mckoy. All Rights Reserved.